Who are we?
Sentify is a highly regarded technology consulting company with a mission to help organisations achieve better business outcomes through improving the way they work. Sentify is also a business software reseller and services provider of Atlassian, Gitlab, Microsoft, and AWS products.
We work together as a team to achieve our mission by embodying the values of being innovative, honest and transparent, walking the talk and adapting to improve.
About the role:
Reporting to the CEO, the Product General Manager, ANZ, is a key senior management role in our fast-growing company. This is an multi-faceted position requiring a dynamic candidate who is experienced in financial management, people management, and has an eye for strategic opportunity.
This position is responsible for developing and executing the business strategy of Sentify’s Australia & New Zealand Product business, which achieves short-medium term financial objectives and delivers sustainable long term revenue and profit growth for the business.
There is a strong sales management requirement to this position; as P&L owner you have final accountability for the sales team’s results. The ability to retain customers and attract new business, which meets our desired customer criteria, is core to the success of this business unit.
People management is the other key pillar to this role. Ensuring our team of salespersons and delivery consultants are motivated, rewarded, and performing is critical to the business meeting its goals. The successful candidate should have proven success in both these areas.
- Financial management of the ANZ Product business P&L. Including weekly sales reporting, KPIs, monthly management accounts reporting and rolling forecasts, annual budgeting, and multi-year business planning. Drive revenue growth, manage costs appropriately, and increase profitability.
- As the P&L owner, effectively manage the licensing renewal revenue/margin pool, generate new licensing business revenues/margin, and drive the ancillary services business, through ongoing business analysis and smart resource allocation. Develop benchmark standards to optimize results and manage underperforming sections of the business.
- Understand and execute the Sentify business strategy. Manage Product ANZ and drive the business forward in a manner consistent with CEO’s strategy and expectations.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the customer base and identify opportunities for growth.
- Manage a high performing team of salespersons and marketers, and work effectively with the delivery and consulting function.
- Have a plan, founded on data and experience, for how to achieve and maintain required utilisation rates of consultants. Support and performance manage sales & business development staff to achieve targets.
- Support the relationship with software partners via Sentify marketing team.
- Foster a team spirit and develop Product ANZ’s culture and divisional vision. Create an environment that promotes strong performance, positive morale and staff development.
- Risk management – strategic, financial, operational.
- Recruiting for all levels of the division and structuring appropriate compensation packages in consultation with CEO.
- Performance management and staff development of direct reports, and implementing processes for same throughout divisional org chart.
- Work closely with CEO, and designates, to deliver Product ANZ and Corporate targets and objectives. Participate and contribute to Sentify Senior Management Team.
- 10+ years’ work experience
- P&L management/ownership experience
- Proven experience and success managing remote and geographically dispersed teams. Travel to Australia at least once a month.
- Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve high standards and accomplish set outcomes
- Background in IT consulting or software sales (preferred)
- Exposure to Atlassian sales & marketing activities (ideal)
- Professionally networked/connected with potential buyers and decision makers (ideal)
- Microsoft Excel proficiency to support tasks listed above
If this sounds like you, then we cannot wait to meet you! Reach out and let us know why you’re our next Sentify Superstar.